Sunday, October 23, 2011

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY!

HALLOWEEN-ISH COLORS
It's SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY!
I'm loving my weekly search for pictures! hunting for the perfect picture --- or my "twist" on making word matches. This week's words: Word, Under, Orange, Fly and Always Look on the Bright Side.
WORD = INDULGE
There's a wine bar, "INDULGE" in the cute, historical block of my hometown...  I'm beginning to think about the upcoming holidays... & looking forward to INDULGING in some holiday baking. 
UNDER
Look who's peeking out from UNDER the flowers? My mom is taking Katie (great-granddaughter) to the La Mirada Theater to see the play, "Charlotte's Web" today...
ORANGE
Awesome brillant ORANGE morning sunrise... hazy farmlands near Stockton, CA!
FLY
JPE & I drove out to Windmill Farms yesterday afternoon... this sign caught my eye... FLY-ing wings! did a Google search to find out about this sign - thought this would be a gasoline company? I was wrong!! but DID learn DEKALB SEED COMPANY (St Louis, MO) will be celebrating 100 years of seed (corn) production in 2012.
BRIGHT SIDE
JPE (husband) & I LOVE our cozy nest! NO, we don't live in a tree... but our street has lovely trees with fabulous autumn colors (our "seasons" are relatively mild ~ see VISIT SLO for more information). It's easy to ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE of life when you have a cozy home (nest) to retreat to at the end of the day... we count our blessings for having a home, locally grown food, meaningful work, family & friends, plenty of cultural events to attend and a generous selection of places to walk (beach, mountains & coastal trails)... 


Check out other Scavenger Hunt Sunday's links HERE...

15 comments:

  1. You set is amazing! Especially I like Orange and BS shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that orange shot too, it's very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your words shot - what a great word for a wine bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of shots - very imaginative and creative. I love the sign you used for "Fly". And since our autumn colors this year have been rather muted, I really enjoyed seeing your luscious autumn trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job - I love your orange shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful set, your DeKalb photo really struck home to me, my daughter lives right next to DeKalb, IL corn country around these parts....thanks so much for stopping by my blog & for the lovely e-mail. Hope your Mom is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love these. What a great series of responses!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all great . . . the sign with the wings is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots! That sunset is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set of photos. The sunset is amazing. The little piggy adorable. Those trees gorgeous and the Words and Fly photo's quite unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos..how was charlotte's web?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful shot.. everyone of them..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...