Thursday, October 13, 2011

IDYLLIC... OF COURSE!

REMNANTS OF THE PAST VINTAGE SHOW ~ 10.8.11
"Live each season as it passes;
breath the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit
and resign yourself to the influences of each."
~ Henry David Thoreau, author, philosopher, naturalist

San Luis Obispo County is experiencing unusually warm no, make that HOT weather. Typically, coastline temperatures average mid-70's... today was 98 degrees! AND, SLO was 110 - that's darn HOT!


I realize I shouldn't be complaining ~ but, it really makes me appreciate air conditioning! Our weather is "idyllic" and MOST houses / condos / apartments in our area open their windows & patio doors to COOL off their homes.


Traffic slowed to a near-stop as I drove closer to Pismo Beach. It was apparent by the number of cars exiting the off-ramp, that the beach was the place to COOL off! There's nothing like HOT weather that signals a walk along the splashing waves ~ burying your feet in the moist, gritty sand to forget the steam rising from the black asphalt parking lot!


Someone "scored" a parking spot!
Parking can be a challenge! But, JPE & I were meeting for dinner at Scotty's ~ fish tacos! yummy! & a tall glass of ice tea to quench my parched throat! 


GOPHER GLEN ~ our "fave" place to buy apples & apple cider!
See Canyon APPLES are the seasonal fruit for this time of the year! crisp, juicy, beautiful colors, incredible taste & texture (& NO WAXY coating) ~ JPE & I are taking advantage of the weekly menu of APPLES that are being harvested daily at GOPHER GLEN... visit THEIR WEBSITE! to see the selection of APPLES grown. 

We CAN'T eat JUST ONE!!
COMING to the Central Coast?? buying APPLES from one of the See Canyon fruit farms is a MUST!!


Even though I'm fussing about the heat wave, we have a pretty idyllic climate on the Central Coast... I'll "force myself" (joking!!) to enjoy the seasonal influences of Fall.

If you come to this area ~ taste the APPLE CIDER! oh yum!! (& make sure it's chilled)...

2 comments:

  1. I love these shots, makes me want to see everything you are photographing, lovely and autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous autumn scenes and images. Love the orange colors..the apples. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...