|Big Sur "treasures"|
"The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.”
~ William Morris (1834-1896), British craftsman
created the Arts & Crafts Movement in England
On Sundays, do you wonder how you'll make it through the "busy-ness" of your coming week?
This past week was ALL about the DETAILS... and while I won't say DETAILS = HAPPINESS... I do know that sleep-less nights happen when I don't get the DETAILS taken care of (whether it be a work project, planning for a trip, or even a craft project).
I'm a paper & pen person (& my blog often fills in for the blank spots in my daily planner)... but, this week was a whirlwind of events that were DETAIL oriented! A few come to mind:
- Completed & submitted a report (had been waiting for the final DETAIL) ~ it's amazing that a single number can put a report on hold...
- Finalized the DETAILS for workshop I'm facilitating next Thursday... whew!!
- Anticipated needing to share the DETAILS of a upcoming event at a community forum Tuesday evening... grabbed flyers as I flew out of the office!
- Discussed the DETAILS with JPE for celebrating our anniversary (hot-tub? massage? hot-air balloon ride?)
- Made a DETAILED grocery list for whoever has a moment to drive to Trader Joe's...
Rethinking... MaYBe? although my week was exhausting... I'm HAPPY the DETAILS are taken care of, so I can rest up for next week....
Don't you love the DETAIL of the beads in this basket???