Friday, October 14, 2011

IT'S IN THE DETAILS...

Big Sur "treasures"

"The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.”

~ William Morris (1834-1896), British craftsman
created the Arts & Crafts Movement in England

On Sundays, do you wonder how you'll make it through the "busy-ness" of your coming week?

This past week was ALL about the DETAILS... and while I won't say DETAILS = HAPPINESS... I do know that sleep-less nights happen when I don't get the DETAILS taken care of (whether it be a work project, planning for a trip, or even a craft project).

I'm a paper & pen person (& my blog often fills in for the blank spots in my daily planner)... but, this week was a whirlwind of events that were DETAIL oriented! A few come to mind:
  • Completed & submitted a report (had been waiting for the final DETAIL) ~ it's amazing that a single number can put a report on hold...
  • Finalized the DETAILS for workshop I'm facilitating next Thursday... whew!!
  • Anticipated needing to share the DETAILS of a upcoming event at a community forum Tuesday evening... grabbed flyers as I flew out of the office!
  • Discussed the DETAILS with JPE for celebrating our anniversary (hot-tub? massage? hot-air balloon ride?)
  • Made a DETAILED grocery list for whoever has a moment to drive to Trader Joe's... 

Rethinking... MaYBe? although my week was exhausting... I'm HAPPY the DETAILS are taken care of, so I can rest up for next week....  

Don't you love the DETAIL of the beads in this basket???

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...