Monday, October 3, 2011

A "TOAST" TO NEW BEGINNINGS...

Sunday Shopper ~ Ojai 
Lunch conversation...

M: I bought a new couch...

C: What color?

M: Brown... with huge, plush pillows... the kids can make forts with the pillows...

C: What accent colors will you decorate with? (she repainted her bedroom a lovely, feminine shade of lavender, several months ago)

M: RED? my options are endless...

C: (the creative wheels were spinning) ummmm...

M: My feet don't even touch the ground, it's so plush... 

C: (the wheels were gyrating) ummmmmm.... we better get back to work...

Take a detour to MANDYLAND & check out the picture of Mandy's new couch before the "LOVING" starts (you know, wine stains, sticky spots ~ the sort of loving that happens with LIFE)...

On my walk tonight, I was thinking about Mandy's couch and her accent colors...
L-O-V-E  this color!!!
This would be MY choice for accent pillows! of course, I can suggest that since it's NOT a color that could accent the oxblood leather couch in MY living room.... But, now, plush, patterned pillows in CHARTREUSE.... AH! now that's classy!

colors of nature ~ seaweed (Big Sur)
Actually, ANY color from NATURE will compliment Mandy's plush brown couch!  
Don't forget to stop by MANDY'S!!  
AND, I suggest you take a kleenex... (you'll understand why when you get there!)

SO, MANDY, here's to N-E-W beginnings!

If you were changing your accent pillows, what COLOR would you pick?

5 comments:

  1. OOOH! I love the idea of chartreuse! Maybe next spring...when I need that hint of green to break the winter cozies and get me moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    That chartreuse flower is exquisite - it would look amazing with your friend's new couch. I would go with turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in a turquoise and green kind of mood lately, but I love red with brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since she was already thinking of red, the wine stains would work... BTW, I'm all for red!!! And what about orange (my favorite color)?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...