Sunday, October 2, 2011

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY!

KEW GARDENS ~ London, England
Looking for a photo challenge, I ran across SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY (several of my "fave" bloggers participate --- KATKAY & ASHLEY). Ashley blogs at RAMBLINGS & PHOTOS... if you care to participate in SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY, click on the link at the top of her blog. I've copied the rules directly from Ashley's blog...

The rules are simple: 
  1. Anyone can participate.
  2. You're encouraged to take five new photos this week for the challenge. Creativity is also encouraged!
  3. If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive (although I'm not too strict about it - I do my best to take fresh shots).
  4. Link up here on Sunday (or Tuesday at the latest) - you can use the button above. I've added the button to the column on the right!
  5. Leave comments for at least five entries around yours (we have so many new participants each week, this is the only way I know to be inclusive).
  6. Have fun!
:: INSPIRED BY A BOOK OR MOVIE ::
Have you seen the movie, MONEYBALL? it's currently playing in theaters & stars Brad Pitt, as the General Manager (Billy Beane) for the Oakland A's baseball team. Even if baseball is not your sport-of-choice, this movie is a "feel-good" movie. 

:: BROWN ::
Seed pod exhibit... the seed pod (at the top of post) was fairly tall - intriguing exhibit of man-made pods at Kew Garden...
:: HAZY ::
Final walk around the campground... a foggy, hazy, damp morning at Plaskett Creek, Big Sur, located on the coastline of California. Most summer days start out hazy... NOT all SUNSHINE!! (many people not familiar with the weather along California beaches, are surprised to find our summers are often chilly & damp).
:: COFFEE OR TEA ::
When in London, of course you have to drink TEA... even if you are a coffee drinker! Our London holiday included a visit to Kew Gardens ~ after wandering the gardens, seeing a butterfly exhibit, the seed pod exhibit, we ended our day with a "cuppa & scone" ~~~ YUMMY! 
:: LINGER ::
Pretty flowers + cafe chairs = a PLACE to LINGER! the flowers don't even need to be fragrant, nor the chairs soft & cushy, or in a secluded spot.... but, someplace that allows my mind to wander, enjoy the sounds of birds, water, or people chatting ~~~ and lingering also includes a journal, pens, book or playing with my camera + a cup of tea.... 

I hope you've enjoyed spending some time here? I've enjoyed putting together this photo montage for SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY!

Leave me a comment about your favorite place to :: LINGER :: or a link to your blog if you are participating in this week's hunt.

Please note: these photos were "scavenged" from my photo library - four have never been posted on my blog... I really "fudged" (see rule #3), but I wanted to participate!

12 comments:

  1. Great...all of the pictures are super. I think that I just might recognize a couple of the people.(-: That nest thing at Kew is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scavenger hunt examples (even if you cheated :)
    Love the texture of the man-made seed pods and the vibrant orange plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful - I especially love brown and hazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful...linger is my favorite of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I particularly like linger and hazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely set! I adore the tea and linger shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I like the London cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I clicked over here because your thumbnail was intriguing- and I'm so glad I did because your set is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful set of photos, Christine. My fave is the hazy . . . I love to shoot people from behind (that sounds awful) and I can almost hear their conversation. Their movement too is capture with both people in midstep, one foot in the air, one on the ground. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you found here - and what an interesting photo challenge. I wish I had more time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you decided to become part of the Scavenger Hunt...it's so much fun!!! and....your photos are awesome. How cool is the "brown"....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...