Monday, November 8, 2010

PIECES OF COLOR...

Long Beach Quilt Show ~ July 2008
CAROLA selected N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R as this week's word... 

N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R means...

::  blustery days, swirling orange-red leaves
::  the smell of cloves, allspice & cinnamon
::  wearing a coat in the AM & PM
::  needing socks to keep my feet warm & toasty
::  celebrating my anniversary w/JPE
::  apples, apples & more apples (apple-pie, cake, sauce, bread, muffins)
::  cleaning out the garden beds
::  crock pot soups & crusty bread 

What's on my N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R TO-DO LIST? 

::  gathering recipes & making a shopping list of ingredients
::  washing blankets & pillow shams (company is coming!) 
::  cleaning the windows & screens
::  making apple bread & a pie (& freezing them for later!)
::  hosting BBabes "Decoration Swap" 11/16/10


I've shared some ideas I'm mulling about - how about posting your "creative interpretation"???


WeekWord host = CAROLA
WeekWord = N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R

Leave a comment at CAROLA'S BLOG so she can add your blog to this WeekWord's participant list... Check out her picture of GORGEOUS FALL LEAVES!!!

ummmm.... thinking about recipes & food - perhaps I'll be posting a recipe?? 

8 comments:

  1. I actually love your recipes, so I definitely would appreciate your posting one (or more...). I love your list for November - I'm always so torn about this month. It's beautiful here, but I haven't forgotten the grey version of Germany...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list and mine have blustery days and garden chores in common, Christine....I will post NOVEMBER this Thursday to join in. This is fun; thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great picture and an amazing quilt...how on earth did they do it? Your list really incompasses the month.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. the quilter had laid thin, strips of colored fabric & zigzagged down the center of each strip. Due to layering the colored strips, the quilt had some depth to it in places; in other words, it was not flat.
    The tree stumps had a lot of machine stitching, giving the wood depth and texture. The quilts at the show in Long Beach each JULY never fail to create some ah-ha moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh November. It is one of my favorite months. I am a cold weather girl. I love the quilt, that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your description of November is perfect! Apple Pie is my favorite! Stop by my blog tomorrow for Art Walk Friday and read what next week's theme is...we are on the same wave length with respect to recipes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. November is one of my favorite months also! Love that quilt!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...