Saturday, November 27, 2010

LACUNA....

WAITING... WATCHING... TAKING A BREAK!!
The WEEKWORD was "L-A-C-U-N-A" and was selected by nature lover & biologist, Carmen at TAILS OF A BIOMOUSE.

I'm late to the WEEKWORD party, but tiptoe over to CARMEN'S to peek at other participating bloggers!

My mom, crossword "extraordinaire" offered some ideas for this post... but basically having SIX wonderful days with the girls - SLE & ACE plus my mom visiting for Thanksgiving - I experienced a "L-A-C-U-N-A" of sorts??!!

I hadn't anticipated taking a break from my camera or blogging, but it was difficult to squeeze more activity into our "action-packed days" ~ stuffed (appropriate word considering the abundance of foodstuffs consumed over the past week) with cooking + eating; discussions about books, movies, politics; trips to the beach; taking the dogs (Lola & Sea-bass) for walk(s); doing loads of laundry; visiting + more visiting - whew!!! 

After reading the definition for "L-A-C-U-N-A" - I would say I took a HIATUS from blogging without realizing it... 

lacuna (plural lacunae or lacunas), noun
  1. A small opening; a small pit or depression; a small blank space; a gap or vacancy; a hiatus.
  2. An absent part, especially in a book or other piece of writing, often referring to an ancient manuscript or similar. 
    LADYBUGS, LADYBUGS - ALL GONE HOME! 
    WHAT A FABULOUS TIME WE HAD!
    WHEN CAN WE DO IT AGAIN??

8 comments:

  1. You think a little lacuna from blogging to soak up the family connections, abundant food and frolicking, and holiday cheer is a perfect way to express this week's word! I'm always in love with your photos and so glad you took a teensy little break just for yourself-can't wait to see next weeks word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time! It all sounds like such a happy get-to-gether...with as I understand,a bonus feature. Wonderful pictures as usual. I am looking forward to some photography hints when we get together.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. great word - i am living in a lacuna today after a KRAZY week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos! Great shots. And it seems that you really enjoyed your hiatus - is it back to "normal" for you now? I often have the feeling around this time that "normal" doesn't make an appearance before the middle of January... (after MLK weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back! It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Now hurry up and get that Christmas tree up! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree is up!
    ummm... how much to I want to put up this year - knowing we are going to So California & Ohio at the end of the month? Let me think about this!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand, it is difficult during the holidays with family to "do it all". You got your lacuna or space!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiatuses are essential to our well-being, most particularly when it includes visiting with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...