Friday, September 24, 2010

WEEKWORD = COMFORT


"Animal crackers, and cocoa to drink,
That is the finest of suppers, I think;
When I'm grown up and can have what I please
I think I shall always insist upon these."
~ Christopher Morley, American novelist & poet


BYW blogger friends!! You're invited to participate in WEEKWORD.

Each Monday, a different blogger selects & posts a word on their blog. You leave a message with the blog host(ess) to let them know you would like to post your "creative interpretation" of the word of the week. The host(ess) will make & post a list of participants on their blog. Your "creative" thoughts, pictures, artwork, stories - whatever suits your fancy... should be posted by Friday evening of the same week. Then hop around the participant's blogs to see what they posted. It's a blast!

Check DOMESTIC SCRIBBLES on Monday to see what the WEEKWORD will be....


This week COMFORT was the WEEKWORD.

I think Allie (our WEEKWORD hostess) & I could have a slumber party! Click on  ALLIE IN LONDONLAND to see what I mean.

We've been cleaning & downsizing our storage unit!! Look what I found??

Some FLANNEL - the reindeer flannel would make some adorable pajama bottoms... then I could buy a red t-shirt & I would have one Christmas present checked off my list.

C-O-M-F-O-R-T is:

Flannel pajamas OR flannel sheets (these Flannel Sheets would look great with my bedspread!)

Cocoa & animal crackers (but, my all-time favorite holiday cookies are Coconut Cranberry Chews um - they can be addicting!). Actually, my cut-out Christmas Cookie recipe is yummy too. Can you tell I LOVE cookies??!!??

AHHH - off to DREAMLAND!

2 comments:

  1. Flannel pajamas sound comfy to me, too! But too hot for me in the summer. A cup of coffee with soymilk creamer is also comfort for me. And sitting around a campfire. Cuddling up with a good book. Snuggling with my daughter. Aaahh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flannel pyjamas are an absolute must in the winter! Together with a warm blanket, a good book, and a cup of tea. Perfect comfort :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...