Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WEEKWORD = COMFORT

pic taken 9/19/10 ~ James Way
"Only the heart knows how to find what is precious."
~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Russian novelist, known for writing Crime & Punishment & The Brothers Karamazov

It's time to play WEEKWORD!

Click on, Allie in Londonland & let her know you'll be posting your creative "interpretation" of the word, C-O-M-F-O-R-T. 

Anyone can participate!  No invitations necessary! 

The seasons are changing, and we are beginning to hunker down & get cozy - what comes to mind when you see the word,  C-O-M-F-O-R-T?

Take a moment to share your words, pictures, drawings, or memories of this word.

This past weekend, my senses were heightened - taking a walk with a child or in my case, a dog (LOLA) will remind you what is precious.

SMELL ~ Lola's "sniffer" was working overtime ~ new territory to discover...
TOUCH ~ the dry brush scratched our legs as we veered off the trail to avoid the poison oak...
HEAR ~ Lola's ears perked up as the birds chirped a warning we were near...
TASTE ~ Lola's a "rock chewer" ~ she tasted several rocks, dropping them when discovering another treasure on the trail...
SIGHT ~ looking at the rustling leaves, my eyes spied a "HEART shaped leaf"...

ummmm... will be looking for C-O-M-F-O-R-T this week, how about you?

Don't forget to check in with Allie so she can mention your blog as a participant in WEEKWORD!

AND - if you share a "C-O-M-F-O-R-T" food, I'd love the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting concept to have bloggers share their own creative interpretation of a common word. I enjoyed reading about Lola. I'm a fellow dog-lover and can never get enough photos of them, at least until we get one of our own.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate it. And I loved your idea of the spray paint. I hope you're enjoying BYW as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go on a walk with Lola! How much fun that would be...I really need to get a dog.(-: Also...another spectacular photo - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...