Tuesday, July 9, 2013

LAZY SUMMER DAYS...

JPE clipped these yesterday...
the roses are sooooo fragrant right now!
{they are "winning" in the fragrance category ---
the bananas are becoming toooo ripe
}

...maybe it's time to become domestic
& make some Banana-Nut bread.
Mom sent some Apricot-Nut bread home with us Saturday!
it was gone by the end of Sunday tea...


I also "checked out" this book from Mom...
{with several promises to return it}

...the subject sounds depressing
{perhaps due to the topic --- End of your Life}
BUT... it's not!
...the author, Will Schwalbe, as well as a publisher, journalist & founder of Cookstr.com
formed a two-person book club with his mother, Mary Ann Schwalbe,
as she was undergoing treatments for cancer.
Instead of focusing on the uncomfortable questions
of his mother's terminal illness,
they discussed books, plays, poems & short stories... 
It's a delightful "quick read" in which the two discuss
their thoughts, ideas & opinions based on an eclectic reading list.

{I know why mom was so insistent on getting her book returned
--- to keep track of the books found on Will & Mary Ann's book club list}

I'd recommend reading this book!
Mary Ann & Will's conversations constantly reinforce
"the power of books to comfort us, astonish us, teach us, and tell us
what we need to do with our lives and in the world.
{quote from hardcover book jacket}

...this morning, JPE took off for Palm Desert, to conduct a training.
he just called during his stretch break... it's 106 degrees!
URGGHH! & to think I ALMOST went with him!!


5 comments:

  1. That's on my reading list - glad to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are gorgeous!! Wow!! That is just too darn hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful when you make that banana bread send some my way. :) here's the story about Tickle Berry Moon's name
    There is a baby store called Tickle Berry Moon. I seen it when we were on vacation liked it and decided my next dog would be named TickleBerry Moon. Tickle is the Puggle he's the fawn color one. Thanks for visiting my blog I also have a blog about my dogs. Tickleberrymoon blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. The book sounds like a wonderful reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm adding that one to my list. I love the photo of your roses and bananas. My roses have all been eaten, right down to bare twigs, by the starving bunnies. I managed to cut one perfect pink bud before it was devoured - it only lasted about 3 days in a vase, but it smelled heavenly and felt like a tiny victory!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...