Friday, July 29, 2011

LAZEE DAZE...


Life leaps like a geyser for those who drill through the rock of inertia.

~ Alexis Carrel, French surgeon, awarded Nobel Prize in Physiology (1912).


WEEKWORD = INERTIA
My period of inertia is coming to an end!!

Yesterday's workshop, on California Common Core Standards, and another one Tuesday... 
ummm,
my "summer brain" and "lazy days" 
are coming to an end.

This picture was taken in the 
SPRING
:: when the rains were done :: 
:: the pollen had drifted to the pond surface :: 
:: the ducks were sliding silently ::
:: through the thick muck ::
(I think the ducks were experiencing
SPRING INERTIA!)

Not the best picture!!
You could say I was experiencing 
I-N-E-R-T-I-A
when thinking about 
going for a camera run to find another picture!

Be QUICK about it, 
and skip over to 
to see who else has participated in
WEEKWORD!

10 comments:

  1. Summer has gone by so quickly, bet you really hate to see it end. I know that I am ready for some cooler weather. Have a great weekend.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes everything suffers inertia at sometime or another.

    Great post and so good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend I am going to relax as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shot!! I love how you focused on the foreground and the color of the water! This makes me want to slow down and enjoy the day! Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lazy Days are wonderful and it's sad when they're ending. The nice thing though is that summer in this part of the world lingers for so much longer, followed by the most beautiful season of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think inertia has been my word for far too long! Snapping out of it though. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard that word before - interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour of the water in your photo!

    Would you like to host Weekword this week?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful colors. So unusual!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh pink water, how much more lackadaisical can you get?? I love the mallards in spring when they're paired up and the boys aren't going crazy anymore.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...