Wednesday, February 2, 2011

QUESTION & FACT??


YUMMY!!!

What's your go-to "comfort" dessert?

uh!!
Did you KNOW??

Germans believed that says if a hibernating animal (in this case, a groundhog) casts a shadow on February 2, the Christian holiday of Candlemas, WINTER will last another six weeks. 
If no shadow was seen, legend said SPRING would come early. 

huh?
 Did you HEAR?

Today, the report is: 
PUNXSUTAWNEY PHIL 
(the official groundhog) predicted:

SPRING IS COMING!!!

get out those SEED catalogs!!!!

5 comments:

  1. My "go to" comfort dessert has always been a hot fudge sundae. A piece of pie is always good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with my daughter above...my favorite all time dessert is a hot fudge sunday...strange because I really don't care much for ice cream. I am happy to hear for all those bloggers back east that Spring is coming, they have had such a bad winter...makes me feel a bit guilty.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Germans believed that? I've only learned about Groundhog Day when I moved to the States - after having lived in Germany for 40 years. Hmmmm....
    But I love the prognosis - and I guess everybody in the Midwest does as well.
    My "go to" comfort dessert is good chocolate... and when I'm in the mood I make real Italian Tiramisu (got the recipe in Italy)- it's a killer dessert! And SO easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post!
    And gosh darn in...now I have to go try those ice cream bars. It is the one dessert from Trader Joe's it seems I have not tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look SOOO yummy. i need to go find me a box this weekend and hide them in the fridge from little mouths.
    xo
    c

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...