Saturday, September 10, 2011

THE PERFECT DAY!

AVILA BARN ~ 9.10.11
"Now and then it's good to pause
in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
~ Guillaume Apollinaire


:: crash of thunder & bright flashes of lightning ::
(the weather woke us with its action)

:: yummy breakfast ::
(cornmeal pancakes, fruit salad, coffee)

:: reading, chatting, visiting ::
(Adirondack chairs on the patio)

:: patio plants got some attention ::
(mom trimmed & rearranged)

sign advertising roasted corn @ Avila Barn
:: bought fruit & "goodies" at the barn ::
(long lines of families waiting for a hay ride)

:: coffee & tea at Joe Momma's ::
(the "happening place" in Avila Beach)

:: movie, "Sarah's Key" at Fair Oaks ::
(popcorn has real butter & seniors are $6)
BTW - this is a must-see movie!

eerie sunset off Avila Beach ~ 9.10.11
:: drove to SLO for dinner ::
(car shot ~ no, JPE was driving)

APPLE FARM Restaurant & Gift Shop ~ San Luis Obispo

:: wander the gift shop + get a "bite" to eat ::
(comfort food = chicken & dumplings)

:: feels like AuTUMN ::
entrance to APPLE FARM Gift Shop
:: we LOVE when Mom visits! ::
(more adventures tomorrow)

6 comments:

  1. All sounds very enjoyable! Isn't it wonderful to have cooler weather again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you did have a perfect day. Everything you did sounds like fun. Please tell your Mother hello from me, I have never met her but I feel like I know her.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although we're still have ninety degree days, your lovely photos remind me of fall! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm popping by to say that I hope you'll Weekword with me this week - it's a word I think you could do lovely things with.

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day - and great pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...