Saturday, September 17, 2011

"GUERILLA ART" COMES TO SLO!

Chorro St across from SLO Mission ~ 9.12.11

"Artists are among the most generous of people.
Perhaps inherent in the appreciation of creativity
comes a deep, underlying love of humanity
and our Earth."
~ Kelly Borheim

:: GUERILLA ART ::
"any art developed in PUBLIC SPACES - that is
'in the streets' --- is generally unsanctioned art ---
meaning it is not sponsored or organized
by a person, organization or governmental agency"

My first foray into the term GUERILLA ART
happened when I ran across
After reading her BIO, I've come to the conclusion
she's a very down-to-earth gal,
who happens to be an artist, 
and is learning to "mommie" her young son! 
She doesn't have 2-heads,
nor a totally "TAT-ed out body"
and she doesn't use a spray can to share her art!

GUERILLA ARTISTS
~~ generally, want to remain anonymous ~~
~~ aren't interested in defacing property ~~
~~ want to share the "quirky" side of life ~~

KERI lists some very simple ideas for creating
your own GUERILLA ART at THIS LINK!!!

found upon googling Guerilla Art ~ curious? 
follow this LINK

I just had to learn more about this picture... 

SiLLy, fUnNy sTuFF

 using miniature people to create art

see more at this site:



!! Hilarious !!

more GUERILLA ART...

Portland, Oregon ~ image FOUND here
...what fun to tell people you live on the street

decorated with six giant carrots!

leg warmers? 
Back to SLO ~ here's another view of the
GUERILLA ART Mom & I found last Sunday!
hand stand?
Have you run across GUERILLA ART
in your community?

(this post is dedicated to ACE who's planning some GUERILLA ART for her "un-named community")

5 comments:

  1. I love your photos of Guerilla Art - they look like a lot of fun. I wish we had some here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sadly no Guerilla Art here...and boy could we use some. (-: I love the carrots, so cute! Wish I lived in SLO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Keri's blog..her philosophy about art and sharing. Love what you've shared here. Such good fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a guerilla artist, and these pieces have given me some inspiration. Recently I made a mosaic that covered my entire patio's floor.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...