(pic - "random" decorative ornament)
Daylight Savings Time
T R I V I A
To keep to their published timetables,
Amtrak trains cannot leave a station
before the scheduled time.
So, when the clocks fall back one hour in the Fall,
all trains that are running on time
stop at 2:00am & wait
one hour before resuming.
It's been reported that
Amtrak passengers are often
surprised to find their train at a dead stop
& their travel time
an hour LONGER than expected.
When changing to Daylight Saving Time
in the spring,
become an hour behind schedule at 2:00am;
but they just keep going &
do their best to make up the time.
to appreciate DST...
(DST = Daylight Saving Time)
1. I'm not driving home (from work) in the dark
2. I exercise more in the Spring
3. I can spend more time outside in the evening
to dislike DST...
1. I have a hard time getting up in the morning
2. I procrastinate more (see #2)
3. Mosquitoes love me! (see #3)
4. We eat dinner later!!!
I'm thinking I should take an Amtrak ride
to test this trivia fact...
Did you change your smoke alarm batteries?