Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DON'T PICK THE CHERRIES!

SUNDAY DRIVE ~ 4.1.12
NO FOOLING!!! 
I played "driver" and parlayed my talents by taxi-ing SLE & MB around Washington DC... I spent Saturday flying from one coast to the other... so, I was anxious to get outside on Sunday.

GOAL - see some of Washington's famous "cherry blossoms"...  I can see why residents rely on the Metro. Parking is so. very. challenging!!!

WASHINGTON DC TIDAL BASIN
SCORE!!! a parking spot that was close to the basin... SLE can't walk very far (more about that later). The weather was incredible... a bit of a chill... not windy... nor, my least favorite --- hot, sticky, humid weather! Simply, love-ly!!!


The "cherry blossoms" are delicate... multiple shades of pink... and incredibly SOFT! I didn't bring my DSLR camera - limited this trip to a carry-on bag - so had to rely on my Canon Power-Shot and my I-phone for photo-taking this visit.

SHARING

{DISCLAIMER: NO cherry blossoms were picked for this photo}


1 comment:

  1. The cherry blossoms are lovely - I've never seen them in person. My favorite is the last pic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...