|:: A TASTE OF LEMON ::|
Monday evening, I baked mini-bundt cakes for
I've been making this recipe for a dozen years!
(recipe courtesy of sister-in-law)
it's dense & quite tasty with a cup of coffee or tea!
1 medium lemon
2 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c butter
3/4 c milk
1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. GRATE 1 TBSP lemon peel & SQUEEZE 4 1/2 tsp lemon juice; then set aside.
3. GREASE a 9"x5" loaf pan; or 4 mini-loaf pans. If you double the recipe, you will get 15 mini-bundt cakes.
4. In a large bowl, MIX flour, baking powder, salt & sugar with a fork. Use a pastry blender to CUT in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. STIR in grated lemon peel.
5. In a small bowl, BEAT eggs slightly & STIR in milk. MIX until flour mixture is moistened.
6. SPOON into greased pans. FILL loaf pans 3/4 full. If using mini-bundt pans, SPOON 1/2 c of batter into each section.
7. BAKE 9"x5" loaf for 65-70 minutes; mini-loaf pans for 45-50 minutes; mini-bundt cakes for 15-20 minutes.
8. COOL in pan on wire rack. REMOVE from pan.
|filled TOO FULL!|
removed two teaspoons of batter from each cake
8. In 1 qt sauce pan (medium heat), HEAT 4 1/2 tsp of lemon juice (see #2) + 2 TBSP of sugar to boiling.
9. COOK, STIRRING continuously (until slightly thickened) about 5 minutes.
10. With pastry brush, SPREAD sugar mixture over top of bread.
11. Can be served WARM or COOL...
NOTE: If serving the next day, consider making more glaze & spoon it warm over slices of the LEMON bread
(& add a few raspberries & a dollop of whipped cream).
glazed mini-bundt cake
The glaze is sticky, so I wrapped the bundt cakes
in waxed paper before dropping them
into a cellophane bag!
added a bit of ribbon & mini-ornament....
cellophane bags ~ World Market
ribbon & mini-ornament ~ Michael's
platter ~ Target
for my "girlies!!"
We met at Ventana Grill, overlooking the Pacific Ocean...
knowing our group of ten like to talk
(sometime all at the same time),
we asked to be seated where we wouldn't disturb anyone...
our waiter (Dick) was exceptional, the food excellent
& we played our "STEAL 'EM GIFT EXCHANGE"
without being asked to leave the restaurant!!!
HOPE YOU ENJOY THE RECIPE!!!