|"wooden spoons" ~ Avila Barn|
Coming... Tuesday ~ after work...
Tonight... making Tortilla Soup + dessert (any suggestions?)
We used to play Bunco... then Apples to Apples... sometimes we go to the movies... or walks along the Bob Jones Trail... or craft...
This month ~ we'll chat about how we'll spend the upcoming holidays! & select a restaurant for our December dinner!
The group's been together for 18+ years??
it's sort of like a marriage...
- we don't always agree, but we're polite when we disagree
- we comfort each other ~ through divorce, death, illness, loss of work & emotionally difficult times
- we've all experienced the challenges of watching our parents get sick, ill or frail, with some passing on
- our kids (the majority are 20's-30's) & grandkids are topics of conversation
- we've shopped, traveled, dined, attended parties & weddings together
- we've driven each other crazy (much like siblings)
- we don't discuss politics, religion or money
I've hosted slumber parties (years ago as a single, empty-nest mom), brunch, dinner(s), movie night(s), a book exchange, & a craft night ~ lots of memories in my dozen years with the group!
So - girlfriends ~ I'll be chopping, whipping, cooking, baking up something tasty to share...
SEE YOU TUESDAY at 6pm... You can wear your pj's, if you like!