Sunday, January 31, 2010

EMBRACE SIMPLICITY!

 
 (labyrinth + heart = centering - pic taken 1/31/10)

"Year by year, the complexities of this spinning world grow more bewildering and so each year we need all the more to seek peace and comfort in the joyful simplicities." 
~ Woman's Home Companion Magazine, December 1935 
             

Weekends are NOT long enough! I worked yesterday (Saturday); then slept until 9:36am this morning! I can't remember the last time I slept that late?? Even as a teenager, I don't remember sleeping in "late"... I always had so much I wanted "to do" that I didn't want to "waste" time SLEEPING!! Ummm... I don't remember what was so important that I would "bounce out of bed" to get my day started???

Well - I did start my Sunday with a "leisurely" cup of coffee and glanced through the newspaper... actually, the local paper has so few pages (even the Sunday edition) that I can read it in a FLASH!! BUT, as a "loyal reader" I renewed our subscription because I like the sound of the newspaper "plopping" on the concrete driveway each morning at 3:50am. AND, I don't want to see people lose jobs if the local news ceases production... 

Back to my post! After a two hour "chat" with my mom (thank goodness for long-distance "family plans"), I noticed it was mid-afternoon. What had I done? where had my day disappeared? URGGHHH! 

Laundry... played with my camera... downloaded photos on the computer... answered emails... read some blogs... climbed in the shower... "It's ME! I'm HOME!" JPE was HOME?? How could that be? 

JPE was HOME!!! I'm excited to see him... but how could my weekend have sped by??

But... I didn't get ___ done. Wait, I need more hours for ___ !

Umm. I did play with my camera! I did read some blogs! I have clean clothes for work! I loved "catching up" with mom! and JPE is HOME again... Ahhhh - the "simple pleasures" of life!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...